Sorry it’s been a bit quiet here this week…things have been a little crazy as we are running around trying to get all that last minute stuff done before we leave.
This week has been pretty successful:
- We have finally (with a lot of help and list making) packed our suitcases and carry-on luggage.
- We have bought everything we should need in Korea. Except for plug adapters, we can’t seem to find those anywhere.
- We have packed and moved all our stuff into storage.
- We received our work visas for Korea
- Peter sold his car.
- We have sorted out our finances and exchanged our money.
- and, most importantly, WE BOOKED OUR HOLIDAY IN THAILAND!
We are beyond excited for Thailand. We are leaving on Friday the 13th (I know I know) at 10.20pm. We are flying on Emirates to Dubai, we land at 8.45am have a 4 and a half hour layover. We then fly from Dubai to Phuket where we land at 9.55pm. Blake is leaving for Germany just before us on the 13th so we will spend some time together with the family at the airport.
All our hotels for Thailand are booked. We are spending the first 4 nights in Phuket, taking a ferry to Phi Phi Islands and spending 3 nights there, then on to Krabi for 1 night and back to Phuket for the last night.
We are busy finalising our flights to Korea at the moment, but we should leave on the 23rd for Busan. We have bought our bedding, towels, crockery and a few other essentials online and they will be waiting for us at our apartment in Korea. We then start orientation and training on the 25th of February.
My next post will probably be from Dubai!